Saturday, March 16, 2013

Leilah's 6th Birthday!

The first person in the family to have a birthday here is our sweet Leilah bear!!! We felt so bad because we were in between deliveries and the house was full of boxes. Andy and I worked all night to clear out the kitchen and living room for Leilah's B-Day. It was important that she knew that it was a special day and that we want to celebrate.

Leilah wanted to take some B-Day treats to her class. I was not ready to start baking. I went into a small panic because this would be the time I would run to Target to buy some mini cupcakes or something. Luckily, my friend mentioned a bakery just down the street from the house.

The Bakery is AMAZING!!!! Too many doce to choose from. We asked for the little cookies and the lady asked asked "how many kilos?" At first, I wasn't sure if she understood what I wanted because the only kilo I know of is something that's illegal (another adjustment). Thanks to my smart hubby...he just started speaking Italian and we got the cookies and she wrapped it up nice and pretty!





We offered to take her bowling or to see a movie at the base. Instead, she asked to stay home, watch a movie (Wreck it Ralph) and spend time as a family. Sigh!!! I really love this age. :0)


 
 
A gift from Erny and Maria (our neighbors). They really love children here!! 




This little girl is blessed to have these kiddos as her big brother and sister!!!


Proud parents!!
 
 
 
 
After talking with Nonna and Nonno, we kicked off our family movie night with a B-Day song!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment