Monday, April 8, 2013

Kaitlyn's 12th B-Day (Rome trip)!

Each kiddo (big kids included) is entitled to a request on how (or where) they would like to spend their birthday weekend. Kaitlyn requested ROMA!

It is about a 2 hour drive (depending on traffic). We stayed less than a kilometer from the Colosseum and we later found out that we are just down the street from the Basilica San Giovanni in Laterano.


Kicked off Friday night at the Hard Rock Cafe...milkshakes, cheeseburgers, rock & roll...YES PLEASE!!! It was a nice break from pizza & pasta. We decided to not live in fear and we took the subway to the Hard Rock. A little crazy since it was at 9:00pm, but it was fun!
 
 
After getting a little lost, we found the Hard Rock and it was an 1.5 hour wait. This is a pic of Andrew and Leilah sleeping on a chair while we wait.
 
Yay!! Finally seated!

 
By this time, it was 11pm...Andrew was DONE! We forced him to eat his 12Euro burger.
 
 Leilah tried...
 
Out sweet Kaitlyn!
 
 
Yay! We love the subway and yay we are going to sleep!!!



Saturday, we walked to the Colosseum (about a 15 minute walk from our hotel) and took our friends' advice and took the "Hop on-Hop off" bus. Was the best advice! We also, had an opportunity to meet up with some friends from Laughlin AFB, Texas...the Janyska family! Unfortunately we didn't get a picture. It was great seeing them though.


 
 

 
 On the bus!!!
 
Spanish Steps







 

 



 
I am trying to haggle with my (limited) Italian for some goodies!
 
More walking!!! 
 
This reminded me of my grandma Muder. I guess my inner Catholic came out and brought out all of those memories I have of her. Love you Muder! 
 
There was a photo shoot behind us and I thought I would take the opportunity to be a "copy cat" and  take some pics of my monsters. The backdrop is beautiful.


 
This is my favorite. I really love it when they get along like this!
 
The boys! 
 
He is so cute...I just want to squeeze his cheeks! 
 
Me and my buddy. 
 
Love these! 
 
I love the streets here, busy, busy, busy. Reminds me of NYC.
 
This is so funny. Lady with a fur coat and heels riding her scooter. 

 
 
Basilica
 
After a long day...taking the subway back to the hotel.
 
K making fun! 
 
View from our hotel. Kids said the the building across reminded them of the building from Wreck it Ralph.
 
Beautiful sunset. 



Sunday was our last day. We took a break from the itineraries and decided to at least check out the Trevi Fountain then let the streets take us to our next adventure.

HAPPY 12th BIRTHDAY KAITLYN!!!!


 
 
After seeing the statues yesterday, Andrew decided to give it a try. 
 
 
Kaitlyn's request for lunch...McDonald's! 
 
Optical illusion?? Still think its pretty cool! 
 
My little italian boy! 
 
Love walking through here! 
 
Andrew trying to catch a ride! 
 
 He got a ride on the bus instead!
 
Trevi Fountain 






 
We found a little Pinocchio store!
 
 
Basilica S. Maria Ad Martyres Pantheon 












 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment