Monday, February 25, 2013

Intercultural Relations Trip

On the 6th day of our orientation, we were rewarded with a guided field trip to downtown Napoli! It was a nice little getaway with adults and an opportunity to get street smart before we go with kids (major distraction and opportunity to get pick pocketed).

It was the day after Valentines. I guess Andy gets credit for it and it would be rated as one of the best dates we had!


 
Driving into downtown Naples!
 
 
 
The streets are so narrow and yes, they really do hang their clothes out to dry.
Even when it's raining!!
 

 
 

 
I have no idea what this is but we thought we should take a pic!
 
 
 
 
The Galleria Umberto I, a nice place to shop and stop for some dolce and cioccolata calda.




 
This is not a prop. Is it filled with Nutella!
 


 
 
 
The guide gave us some free time to walk around. 
During the flight from Norfolk, we made a friend. She is from Utah and really sweet.
Super young gal, I could probably be her mother. :-\
 
 
Behind us, the San Carlo opera house.
 
 
 




 
This area reminds me of Greenwich Village. Its so pretty and clean here!
 
 

 
50 shades...reminded me of some friends back in the states!
 
 

 
Fresh markets are EVERYWHERE!! This was my moment..."I am in Italy!"
 

 
 
 
 
 
First look at the Mediterranean Sea
 



 
 
 

1 comment: