Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Shopping at Shoe Alley!

It has been quite the culture shock for me in regards to my easy going California attire. The men and women here take fashion very serious! I am too embarrassed to wear my flip flops and yoga pants in the area. It would be the equivalent to wearing pj's (or fleece pants) out to Target. It's not cool!!!  I had to part with my comfy clothes and put the flip flops and yoga pants away! Then I had to bust out the skinny jeggings and go boot shopping!!

Just to give you an example on how serious they are here...
Andy and I were at the kids' school...walking down the hallway and the school janitors were nearby talking. Just as we passed them, I notice the female janitor. She was wearing her uniform shirt with super skinny jeans and knee high stiletto boots (I'm talking 3" high). She walked away pushing the trash can with a mop.

My jaw dropped because I can't stand straight with boots like that and I am confident that Andy's jaw dropped because she was rockn' that outfit!

I have some serious leg envy! *Sigh*



Moving on...
The MWR and USO here offers awesome (daily) trips. Two gal pals invited me to join them for some harmless shopping at Shoe Alley. This trip was coordinated by the MWR. All we had to do was show up at the bus stop (on base), take plenty of EURO and be in the mood to shop!!


This was a sweet lady we met and she wanted us to take pictures of her purses and post them on FB. They also had beautiful leather belts there and they sized them for you on the spot. AMAZING!!
 

 My first pair of Italian leather boots for 30 EURO. They are more for the spring, but who cares?
 
 
 
This is such an important piece of info before you go shopping. 
Conversion chart! Ugh!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment